We had a great week 2. Here are the links for this week:
2. UM Theology, Part 1. God works in us and through us. It is God who works in and through us. We respond to His invitations and His work in the world. The link to this week's Prezi is here.
Here are the links I mentioned:
- More information on the threefold understanding of Grace--Prevenient, Justifying, Sanctifying--is here.
- More information about Scripture, Reason, Tradition and Experience can be found here. Remember, Scripture is the central to all these. The others can be described as ways we interact with Scripture, not superior to Scripture.
- Read the Foundational Documents of The United Methodist Church here.
- You can find the Google eBook version of Ted Campbell's Methodist Doctrine: The Essentials here.
In case you missed it, here are the links for week 1:
1. The People Called...Methodists. This is a history of who we were, so we know who we are. We look at the theology in our history. You can find a link to the Prezi here.
Some other links you might find helpful:
- The United Methodist Church's links about our history arehere. You'll find expansions on each stage.
- Learn more about our theological heritage here.
Stay tuned for more each week of the class. I look forward to seeing you Sunday.
I welcome your questions and comments. Keep them coming!